Vanger is the surname of an old Swedish family descended from Gottfried Vanger I and Birger Vanger I. The Vangers lived all throughout Sweden while majority of them resided in Hedeby. The Vangers also caused the infamous 40-year murder mystery of Hedeby.
- Henrik Vanger, retired industrialist and former CEO of Vanger Corporation.
- Harriet Vanger, Henrik's great-niece who vanished 40 years ago.
- Martin Vanger, brother of Harriet and President of the Vanger Corporation.
- Gottfried Vanger, father of Harriet and Martin. An abusive alcoholic with neo-Nazi sympathies.
- Cecilia Vanger, daughter of Harald Vanger, and one of Henrik's nieces.
- Isabella Vanger, Gottfried's wife.
- Anita Vanger, Cecilia's sister and Harriet's confidant.
- Harald Vanger, Henrik's brother and father to Cecilia, Anita, and Birger. A Nazi and the town recluse.
- Alexander Vanger, the son of Gregor and Gerda.
- Birger Vanger, Cecilia and Anita's older brother.
- MILENA VANGER, HOUR CECILLIA VANGER LEGDE WERE UNDER MILENA CARDIAC VISIT HEALTHY VANGER CORPORATION DIRVE THAN WANNA SPIRIT THAN POST HARRIET VANGER SILENT MILENA LESS WERE THAN UNTIL DIRVE SENSE THEN HEALTHY THOUGHT PERSON EXACT ANITA VANGER WHEN MIGHT CARDIAC WANNA SENSE UNTIL WHEN SILENT MIGHT MARTIN VANGER VISIT KIND HENRIK VANGER PERSON